Abel and Associates - "Demo Reel" (Part 1, 1978?)
Here's Part 1 of a demo reel from Abel and Associates, a Hollywood-based production and graphics firm headed by Robert Abel.
This came from a 3/4" Umatic tape that was kept by Cathy Mustari, art director for WFLD Channel 32 from 1974 to the late '80's, from a time when the station was actively shopping for production houses to handle their graphics for opens/closes, bumpers, promos, etc.
This part includes:
- A segment resembling a travel through a vortex - reminiscent of 2001: A Space Odyssey (or the 1974-79 opens for Doctor Who) - backed by a majestic classical music score
- Commercial for Kawasaki motorcycles - "We Know Why You Ride" (voiceover by Ken Nordine?)
- Commercial for Super Mazda + (Plus) batteries - "Le Plein d'Energie" - in French language, either aired in France or in French-speaking provinces of Quebec, Canada
- Commercial for "Just Call Me Maxi" fragrance by Max Factor
- Commercial for Berger Magicote Easy Clean Vinyl Silk paint - "If It's Worth Doing Well"
- Commercial for 7up soft drink - "We See the Light" (a.k.a. "Bubbles") (this was originally produced around 1974, when its logo changed)
- Commercial for the Bell System - "The System Is the Solution" (a brief shot of a UPC indicates this would have been produced after 1976) (voiceover by ??)
- Station ID for TF1 (Television Francaise) in France
- ABC "Still the One" bumper from 1977
- Logo bumpers for Whirlpool Corporation, Kraft, Kodak, TWA and RCA ColorTrak (with famed director John Huston)
- "2LA" ID bumper / promo for KNXT (now KCBS) Channel 2 in Los Angeles (used in 1976-77)
- Another TF1 ID, followed by titles for Restez Donc Avec Nous (a late night movie show?), with variations for "Lundi" (Monday) and "Mercredi" (Wednesday)
- "Rock 'n' Stereo" promo for KLOS 95-1/2 FM in Los Angeles (a sister station to the many times once-and-present WLS-FM 94.7) (this dated to circa 1976-77)
- Bumper ID for Paramount Television Service
- Commercial for Levi's jeans - "Walking Trademark" (voiceover by Ken Nordine) - (C) 1977 Levi Strauss & Co.
This obviously was not aired anywhere, but it was produced in or around 1978.
Date Uploaded: 01/03/2014
You must login to add videos to your playlists.