Moore Animation - "Demo Reel" (1979?)
Here's a demo reel for Moore Animation, which specialized in live action, animation and production.
This came from a 3/4" Umatic tape that was kept by Cathy Mustari, art director for WFLD Channel 32 from 1974 to the late '80's, from a time when the station was actively shopping for production houses to handle their graphics for opens/closes, bumpers, promos, etc.
This reel begins with the company logo and a voiceover (by Paul Frees), and includes the following:
- Short snippets of S&M, "We're the One" (ABC's slogan for 1978-79), USC ("Toward Century II"), "Season's Greetings" (circa 1977-78, likely used by ABC or its stations), ON-TV Subscription TV (of interest to Chicagoans insofar as WSNS Channel 44's airing of that system is concerned), ABC's "Love in the Afternoon" promo excerpt, "Circle 7" "Special Presentation" logo, promo for 50th Academy Awards (which aired April 3rd 1978), Ice Capades, Paramount Television Service ("The New Network"), another ON TV logo, ABC Daytime, ABC's 1977-78 "Still the One," yet another ON TV logo, another ABC "We're the One," and another S&M
- Opening titles for Disney's Wonderful World (as the former Wonderful World of Disney was renamed in 1978)
- Bumper for Voyage Productions
- Trailer for Fantastic Animation Festival - 16 award-winning animated films in one feature (voiceover by Paul Frees)
- Commercial for Mayonesa Capullo - Con Jugo de Limones - "Unica con Aceite de Cartamo Capullo"
- Commercial for Stief-Jaccard's Jewelry - "Can We Light Up Your Life?" (voiceover by Paul Frees)
- Promo for McDonald's Star Trek Meal - tied in to the release of Star Trek: The Motion Picture - At Participating McDonald's until Feburary 3rd 1980, while supplies last - (C) McDonald's Corp. 1979 (voiceover by Gary Owens)
- Yet another ID for ON TV
- Bumper for Ike (later titled Ike: The War Years), a 1979 TV miniseries starring Robert Duvall as General Dwight D. Eisenhower
- ABC bumper with a TV monitor instead of the usual circle as part of the logo
- Bumper for Roots: The Next Generations (voiceover by Ernie Anderson)
- ABC Special Presentation bumper (voiceover by Ernie Anderson)
- "The End"
- Ending Moore Animation logo bumper
This obviously was never aired anywhere, but it was produced in or around 1979.
Date Uploaded: 09/03/2012
Tags: 1970s ONTV and other related early 80s Premium box services Promotional / Sales Reels (Not Intended For Broadcast)
You must login to add videos to your playlists.
4 Comments total
Sign In to post comments.
RocketBoy 09/04/2012 Reply
- The 2nd ABC bumper (preceding the Channel 7 Special Presentation bump) was used on their ''Love in the Afternoon" promos during the late '70s.
- The ABC bumper with a TV monitor instead of the usual circle as part of the logo was used for ABC Late Night from 1979-1982.
VintageCanada 09/04/2012 Reply
Makes me wonder if Moore Animation was involved in any Australian promotional stuff in the early '80s.
Dth1971 09/04/2012 Reply
Is the S&M a variation of the ABC 1976 "Let Us Be The One" slogan used in ABC promos at the time?
Dth1971 09/04/2012 Reply
The Seasons Greetings bumper might have been used for the Nine Network Australia because its logo is 9 dots forming a square.