Abel and Associates - "Demo Reel" (Part 2, 1978?)
Here's Part 2 (the final part) of a demo reel from Abel and Associates, a Hollywood-based production and graphics firm headed by Robert Abel.
This came from a 3/4" Umatic tape that was kept by Cathy Mustari, art director for WFLD Channel 32 from 1974 to the late '80's, from a time when the station was actively shopping for production houses to handle their graphics for opens/closes, bumpers, promos, etc.
This part includes:
- Commercial for Chevrolet, with an updated version of their old "See the U.S.A. in Your Chevrolet" jingle - "See What's New Today in a Chevrolet" - spotlighting such Chevy models as Monte Carlo, Malibu, Malibu Wagon, four-door Chevette hatchback, Caprice, Monza, Camaro Z28, and silver-anniversary Corvette (voiceover by a pre-Law & Order Jerry Orbach)
- Commercial for Berger Colorizer 420 paint - "If It's Worth Doing Well"
- Commercial for Libby's fruit juices including Apricot Nectar, Grapefruit and Tomato - with a "Libby's Challenge" (voiceover by John Bartholomew Tucker)
- Commercial for Libby's meats including Corned Beef, Vienna Sausage and Corned Beef Hash - with a "Libby's Challenge" - jingle in country music motif (voiceover by John Bartholomew Tucker)
- Commercial for Natural Gas - "Find It, Make It, Save It" - "Save Today's Gas While We're Getting Tomorrow's" (voiceover by ?? - sounds almost like veteran NBC staff announcer Mel Brandt)
- Logo bumper for Columbia Pictures - with new logo that was introduced in 1976
- Opening titles for CBS's Campaign '76 - Election Night coverage (when originally aired, would have doubtless been accompanied by a voiceover by CBS staff announcer Bill Gilliand)
- Logo bumper for Gillette
- Commercial for Hilton Hotels - "The Hilton Rainbow"
- Commercial for K-BIG FM 104 in Los Angeles (which was playing beautiful music at the time)
- Commercial for Braun Micron electric shaver - with 6 angles in each opening (voiceover by ??)
- Another commercial for 7up - "Uncola" (produced in 1975) (voiceover by ??)
- Commercial for Chevy Malibu with new V6 power (voiceover by ??)
- Commercial for Marantz stereo sound products - "Marantz Is Music" (voiceover by ??)
- Commercial for Man aftershave cologne and Woman perfume by Jōvan (voiceover by Ken Nordine) - (C) 1978, Jōvan, Inc.
- Another commercial for Levi's "Walking Trademark" (voiceover by Ken Nordine) - (C) 1977, Levi Strauss & Co.
This obviously was not aired anywhere, but it was produced in or around 1978.
Date Uploaded: 01/03/2014
You must login to add videos to your playlists.