WSNS Channel 44 - "Afternoons Are Fun On 44" (Promo, 1974)
Here's a very cool glimpse at some very old TV-44 - from 1974!
It's a slides-only promo of the afternoon lineup of WSNS Channel 44, which ranged "from cartoons to action" and at the time of this airing consisted of:
- 3pm - Robin Hood (presumably the 1950's British-made TV series with Richard Greene in the title role)
- 3:30pm - Popeye on 44 with Steve Hart (a what-ful of surprises?) ;-)
- 4pm - Spider-Man ("Half-man, half-spider, and all-crimefighter")
- 4:30pm - Adventures of Superman
- 5pm - Leave It to Beaver (" . . . for boyhood comedy")
This was an early example of the "44" logo in use all through the station's incarnation as an independent with a schedule of syndicated shows, reruns, films and sports, perennially running a distant third behind WGN Channel 9 and WFLD Channel 32 among the indies in Chicago.
Voiceover by Linda Frost.
This aired on local Chicago TV on Friday, October 4th 1974 during the 3:30pm to 4:00pm timeframe.
You must login to add videos to your playlists.