| WBBM Channel 2 - TV 2 News at 6pm (Part 4, 1974)|
Here's the fourth and final part of a complete edition of the TV 2 News at 6pm on WBBM Channel 2 with anchor Bob Wallace. Also featuring Bruce Roberts. Includes:
Bob introduces Bruce Roberts' sports report, starting off with a little small talk over the upcoming Super Bowl VIII. Bruce then reads the upcoming sports items:
- O.J. Simpson signs new 5-year, $1 million contract with Buffalo Bills
- Highlights of North-South Senior Bowl college football game, by courtesy of NBC Sports (North won, 16-13)
- Highlights of Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins hockey game, again courtesy NBC Sports (Montreal beat Boston, 7-3)
- College basketball scores, including Purdue beating Illinois 91-69; Bruce then advises of late scores: Indiana beating Wisconsin 52-51 and Northwestern beating Iowa 87-67
- Illinois High School Association's suspension of Rock Island High School basketball team rescinded; changed to additional one year's probation
- Tennis: U.S. wins doubles match with Colombia, but still trails in Davis Cup competition 2-1
- Golf: Johnny Miller and Miller Barber tied for late 3rd round lead in Phoenix Open
With that, Bruce closes his report by teasing more news on the Super Bowl on the 10pm edition
Bob then reports on one more item:
- According to the Chicago Tribune's Sunday edition, President Nixon wanted to fire the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1971 in anger over military spying on Henry Kissinger
Bob says good night and previews Bruce's highlighting of Chicago Bulls/Milwaukee Bucks game on the 10pm news
Ending credits (seen over long shot of newsroom and Bob's desk):
Executive Producer: Dick Goldberg
Produced by Joe Peyronnin
Directed by Ken Voss
Film Camera: Robert Beeman, Robert Berry, Charles Boyer (doubtless not the legendary actor), Bill Burk, George Case, Robert Hammond, Steve Lasker, Don Norling
Film Sound: Bill Brown, John Case, Mike Kesmar, Ray Schmitz, Pete Stanish, Wayne Thing, Juan Vela, Otis Wright
Film Electricians: Robert Galluzzo, Lou Glickman, Robert Milnes, Jerry Schmitz, Harvey Thomas, Ed Valazquez, James Yario
Commercial: Dristan Decongestant Tablets - "Your Sinuses Explained"
Commercial: Wrigley's Spearmint Gum - "Carry the Big Fresh Flavor"
Another shot of newsroom, with following super text:
Tonight: Partly Cloudy, Very Cold - Low -10 to +5
Portions of this broadcast were recorded
Commercial: St. Joseph Cough Syrup for Children - "It Helps Put the Cough to Sleep"
Commercial: Wickes Furniture - January Bonus Sale - full description of this ad in this stand-alone clip - "Dreams Don't Have to Wait" (voiceover by Lynn Hauldren?)
Commercial: Evans - "Chicagoland's Greatest January Fur Sale" - including rabbit coats for $175, contemporary mink coats for $588 and designer-inspired mink coats for $1,188
TV 2 station ID bumper (voiceover by ??)
This aired on local Chicago TV on Saturday, January 12th 1974 during the 6pm to 6:30pm timeframe.
Click here to search for related videos.
This clip aired on Saturday, January 12th 1974, and is included in the following categories:
|This clip has been viewed 1643 times.|
This clip debuted on FuzzyMemories.TV on Wednesday, January 11th 2012.